Old 06-10-2013, 12:49 PM
treadlep

Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
Treadlep, Thank you so much Audie is indeed a 99-23 or 24!!! found the manual online and checked the tension page, it was exactly right... when the new springs get here I will put it together correctly. What a relief. Since he came without any kind of box or wood around him I don't know 23 or 24 but than wont matter to me.

~Karen
You are welcome---I knew it wasn't a 99-13 because there is no reverse lever on the 13, and yours very clearly showed the white lever in the picture. I don't think the 13s were made as late as the 1940s either. And I'm glad to hear you like the crinkle finish; I think I got confused with everyone offering their crinkle opinions! I went through the whole research process two years ago when I bought my 99-23/24 at our local Goodwill because at first I wasn't sure what I had---I didn't know much about the vintage machines but had been looking for a crinkle and this one worked. The wiring on the plug of mine is exposed and scary looking, so my husband and I are in the process of creating a treadle table for it---I cannibalized an old singer table with a crappy worn out top and am using the treadle irons for the new top with a 3/4 sized opening. We separated the wires for the light from the foot control and electrical plug and replaced the plug so the light can still be used while treadling. When I got the 99, I did not even know there were different sized Singers. I've learned a lot from this thread/board.