View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 05:26 PM
JanTx

I charge $15 per shirt for a bare bones quilt. For smaller ones I have a set price - 9 shirts is $150, 12 shirts is $200. After that it's $15/shirt -- 20 shirts is $300, 30 shirts is $450. I have 3 to make this summer and am not taking orders after that. It's the most requested thing I do, but I don't want to JUST do this!

Here's a top .... I'll use Quilter's Dream Poly for the batting since it only requires quilting to be every 12". The template I use is 14 X 18 so I generally just echo quilt around the graphics. I will take pieces I haven't used and applique' them into the blank spaces on blocks where the graphic is small. (The "CC" with an arrow in the second pic is appliqued on the block.

Again - this is as basic as you can get. This quilt with 12 shirts is 60 X 84. The vertical sashing and borders are wider than the horizontal ones to make up for the narrowness of the block (14 X 18). I've found that the larger graphics work best with this size. I also have a 15" square if there are no large graphics - and have even been known to make a row of squares alternating with a row of rectangles.
Attached Thumbnails img_2058%5B1%5D.jpg   img_2060%5B1%5D.jpg