Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 PM
petthefabric

Originally Posted by MacThayer
Well, so that's what the other side of the fence looks like! Gee, I'd like to be there! I'm one of those "a tad too obsessive compulsive types" who will re-do a whole block if it doesn't turn out perfect, and will rip out a whole set of blocks if they don't line up perfectly, and I drive myself absolutely nuts getting everything in perfect alignment, with perfect points, and everything square, and the binding properly sew on, with the back done by hand, and so on, and so on, ad. nauseum. So positively revel in what you have ladies! It's a gift! Trust me, it's a very wonderful, very freeing gift, and I envy you!
I've got an assignment for you. Ask your friends to give you two fat quarters of absolutely ugly fabric (you can give them 2 nice ones in return). Using no templates and only scraps, make a quilt. No matching please! Back it with uglies and put several tucks in that back. Quilt it with the most outrageous thread and uneven stitches. Bind it with zigzag. put curtain hooks on it and hang it from a shower rod. Show it with pride at you next quilt guild and definitely post pics. HAVE FUN.