Old 06-11-2013, 03:44 AM
J.M.

I crossed one quilt off the To Do list yesterday, although not by finishing it. I was working on a Christmas quilt from a pattern, but I'd changed the size of the blocks....only I made a mistake and that caused the blocks to not really fit when I made them. Each block was different, so new problems cropped up with each block. The four blocks I made all ended up different sizes, and things kept getting worse. I couldn't start over with the fabric that I had, because I had just enough fabric to make the quilt, and when I bought it I already had several last pieces and that was three or so years ago.

A long story short, I was working on it yesterday when I just had enough. Nothing fit, everything was a struggle, and added to that was the fear that even if I managed to make all the blocks, they wouldn't fit into a top without losing corners or parts of the pattern because I had to adjust the seam size to make them fit. So I just stopped. The fabric I have left will go to my stash, and I'm going to draft the blocks to the size I want them. I followed a course for designing your own quilt last year, which included drafting blocks from any quilt you see, so it's not that hard to do. When I have them all drafted, I'll put it on my stack of patterns I want to make, and when I get to it I'll start over with new fabric. No more struggle, no more cursing and tears of frustration! It will be heaven!