Old 06-11-2013, 03:56 AM
mumzer

It isn't hard at all. I made a jelly roll quilt top (first one) and I had NFL material for a top. I put the quilt pieces together face to face then lay fleece on top and sew all around leaving an opening for you to turn right side out. Stitch the opening closed. I pressed all outside seams then tied it. You can also do sid. Make sure all is trimmed and corners are cut before turning and poke out your corners well before the final stitches. It is like making an envelope. I have only been quilting for about 3 years. Take some scrap material and make a sandwich. I used a 10X10 piece and made bigger stitches so I could take it apart easier. You will see it isn't hard. I had a piece of flannel that I added boarders to then smooth it out on another piece of flannel face to face. Pin in place,sew all around,trim and cut corners. Turn and finish sewing that small area you left open. I pressed well then pinned again and did stitch in the ditch all around. It came out so nice. Try it you will be surprised how easy it is. You can also go to Missouri Star Quilt and Jenny will show you how she makes a self binding baby blanket using flannel. That is cute also. I got a little mixed up with the corners so did it my way.