View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 AM
Retired Fire Chief

Default Thanks for the fat quarter swap!

I've thanked her at least once a month but I wanted to "publicly" thank Brenda21 for her fat quarter swap. I have had so much fun, looking forward each month to what she chooses for the monthly theme. This is a great way to build my stash because I tend to purchase only what I am drawn to and the swap helps push me out of my comfort zone. And it is so very interesting to see what quilters from other states choose to send. I've not yet been disappointed and I think I have had the best quilters to swap with! I have even received little extras from very special swappers. As soon as I receive the monthly theme I run to my favorite quilt shop to pick what I think is the perfect fabrics to send. The swap idea, Brenda and the people swapping prove quilters are sewn together by the love of fabric and the art of making beauty out of scraps! Thank you Brenda, I never knew such little effort on my part could be so much fun. And if you don't believe me, just ask my husband how excited I get when he brings those little packages in from the mailbox!