View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 PM
VIKINGQUEEN

WOW! So much space. I'm having my studio done next weeek & I too also came up with my own design. But I hired a designer for advice only. We sat & talked about how the space would be used & how much surface space I wanted/needed, ironing, cutting, & quilting space I would need. Once we got that over with. She covered everything else. Someone mentioned lighting placement & fans. There's nothing more annoying than not having enuf light or having a fan blow away a pattern off of the table time & again. My designer solved all that for me & even thought of things that I hadn't, like accessible outlets, filing cabinets for paperwork, computer cables for that TV that keeps us company when we choose to live in our space, & storage, storage, storage. pace or storage for the smallest item to the largest. And of course leaving a little room for future purchases without having to remodel or make room. A good designer will more than work with you to make sure that you're happy with the finished product & will even fit in & make what you already have look like it was all part of the "new" plan. And...short or tall, (I'm short), but my designer suggested taking the cabinets for storage all the way up to the ceiling. As your skills, fabric stash, & supplies grow, you will be in need of more storage so why not prepare for it now. I use my highest areas for storing batting or hardly used items & "pretties". If storage is needed, then pretties come down, no problem. I hope this helps.