Old 06-12-2013, 03:16 PM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
WOW This group has been very quiet lately. I hope that means we are all busy sewing our blocks together along with the strips.

I have my fabric, purchased, washed, dried, now to press so I can start cutting and sewing.
It's been quiet all over lately. I've been gone visiting family because my cousin who has MS isn't doing well. It's not as bad as it was when I was first called about visiting, but he's loosing his mental faculties, and that won't come back. He's lived 15 years longer than average for someone diagnosed as an adult, so making it 21 years before being confined to a wheelchair full time 4 years ago is a triumph in itself.

So on the way home, I stopped at a LQS outside Valdosta, GA in Lake Park. If anyone is in that area or passing through, I encourage you to stop by Gone Quiltin'. The owner is a sweet and very helpful lady. Of course, I had to get a few things. I picked up another breast cancer fabric for my best friend's throw quilt, a panel that makes a child's book (which I'll send to Denmark), a batik piece that's about 2-1/2 yards to go with the FQ's I bought a couple months ago, and she had an adorable embroidered breast cancer mug rug I picked up to give my best friend with her quilt. I actually held myself back to be honest, so I did well!