Old 06-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Groovy Pieces

Default Went in to buy an Ottlite - Came out with an Embroidery Machine ! ! !

Hello Friends . . .

It's always a treat to go to Joann's; it's a good 45 min drive from me. I decided to take my 20% off entire purchase coupon for being a newie to the newsletter list & buy an ottlite; coupon good for regular and sale items. Lucked up on a desk lamp on clearance for $19.99 (after the math, $16 & change - not too shabby ).

Well . . .I also had fabric to get cut. The line was about 7 deep. As I was patiently waiting, I could hear the Viking Rep explain the in's & out's of a particular machine. I moved closer to the women to hear more & see the demos. When I finished at the cutting table, I engaged the Rep; we continued to talk about "the good, the bad, & the ugly" of this machine, AND I test drove that baby for 4.5 hours ! ! !

My husband put an APB out on me by blowing up my cell. Can't complain - at least he missed me .

Anyway . . . I came out with the H Class 600E. (I'm sure the embroidery veterans already know this. . . ) it's a sew/embroidery machine with a 4X4 & a 10X6 hoops, good software (to me, since I'm a RAW GREEN NEWBIE), user friendly, & I really like the workbook & manual I printed out for reference & to make notes. There a some you tube tutes to explore as well. For me, the price was right at $999 (not the floor model). Viking is retiring this line to bring bigger & better models in its place. I also gleaned that Singer, Pfaff, & Viking virtually roll off the same assembly line, so some applications are interchangeable - if I understood that correctly. And the best part: trade-in & trade-up value is a "win-win" situation even up to 14 months from purchase.

I'm ssssssssssoooooooooo excited - I'm going to dive in, fire him up (yes, my machines are MALES - I will be the only hormone in my sewing room ! ! ! !) & embroider something . . . Thanks for letting my share . . .Lots of questions to come . . . GP