View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 07:27 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I'm all for backing it as it is.

Omak, I'm confused. any other way to explain what you mean? Sounds interesting.
Whenever you are stitching fabrics together that come to a point, where you will be turning the right side out, as in a collar, clothing, this little quilt ... wherever you are going to have to turn the item right side out ... a tote, sometimes .. .purses ... wherever you are going to want a crisp corner when you get done sewing ...
natural inclination is to sew right to the corner, right turn, stitch down the other side ..
the two stitch technique is RATHER than making a direct right turn, actually stitch ACROSS the corner one, two, or even three stitches .. before turning direct right and sewing the other side ...
if you don't take those few stitches, all the bulk of the corner gets squished up in there, and won't flatten, hence .. a scewed corner.
Take the stitches, turn the piece, sew next side ... try a sample ... when you turn the whole thing right side out, those few stitches have given the bulk a "place to go"
I really don't understand how it all works, but I do know that it makes a better point than just doing the right turn stitching <g>