Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 AM
ontheriver

Default Yesterdays project and a couple of lap tops

In about a month I get to go down to FL and pick up two of my DGD's, ages 5 and 7, for a few days. We are going to go to one of the amusement parks as they have never been.

I saw a pic of this crayon/coloring book carrier online yesterday morning, thought it was a good idea to give them something to do in the car, hotel, while waiting for meals, etc. So I got out an old coloring book, did some measuring and this is what I came up with. I also put two outside pockets for other "stuff". I was concerned about crayons melting in the heat in my car so put colored pencils in it, the twist up kind so I dont have to worry about a sharpener. Here is the first one. Will finish the second this morning.

In the beginning of the week I took some panels I had and put together two simple lap size tops for them. I am going to back with either minky or fleece, no batting for them to use in the car if the air gets too cold and also at the hotel. I always travel with my fav quilt, I hate using hotel blankets, so they will see that and want one too.
Attached Thumbnails p6120303.jpg   p6120304.jpg   p6130306.jpg   p6130307.jpg