View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 05:37 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Joe, LOL. It DID look like it was stored in the Basement Apartment of that outhouse! I don't know where all of that gunk (as nice as I can say) came from. All I know was that it was someone's grandmothers machine. She passed away and it went to the mother. The mother passed away and it went to a daughter. That daughter didn't want it and dropped it of at the other daughters house that didn't have room for it. She saw my Want Ad for sewing machines and contacted me and I got it from her. Who knows where it was stored along the way.
I can take a picture or two of the cabinet tomorrow and post them here (maybe a new thread?). It isn't fabulous but not bad. Even the mice thought so.
~G~
Grant,

I have a theory. Grimy filth like that "could" have come from filthy little fingers messing with it. Kids body oils are magnets for dirt and turn to that kind of filth. Whatever the cause that machine is lucky to have survived intact. It looks great and deserves a chance at a new home now.

I have the same cabinet. Simple and good looking, yet quite useable. My Singer 338 is in it. The only thing I don't like about it is no storage drawers.

Joe