Thread: Quilt for DSIL
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:15 PM
GKSM

Default Quilt for DSIL

Hi - I am new to quilting and find that what I love most is the colors and the different materials. My Dear Sister-in-Law suffered a re-occurrence of breast cancer in the Fall of 2012. She went through a lumpectomy and chemo. She also went through genetic testing. She tested positive for the brca 2 gene mutation. As a result she made the difficult, but brave, decision to have a double mastectomy and a hysterectomy. Through out she was positive and upbeat. Today she has completed all surgeries including reconstruction and is happy and healthy!!!

I made this lap quilt for her as a celebration of her life. Each material represents something in her life - her dog, love for the beach, the 4 seasons of New England, glass of wine with friends, everything southwest and church. The back is the breast cancer ribbon a symbol of hope for all the brave woman who have gone through this. It is bright and cheerful just like she is. I can't wait to give it to her.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]418710[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]418711[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilt-judy-2013-800x600-.jpg   judys-quilt-back-800x600-.jpg