Old 06-14-2013, 11:45 AM
cjtinkle
Banned

The design wall is "above" the armoire in the photo, it will actually be to the side of it. That space (3 feet) isn't enough for anything else, and there's room for it to be 10'x12' if I prefer. Hubby will build it for me afterwards.

No room for a larger bathroom. My original design didn't include one as we were going to build right next to the house, but it got moved out into our orchard, about 300 feet from the house, so I had to chop down everything to squeeze the bathroom in.

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
How nice to be able to plan your sewing room, right from an empty shell! Lucky You!
I didn't look at your earlier drawing, but here's some thoughts, late as they may be!

* if you're planning to use it as an utility sink ... you might want a larger room to allow for space to work, and set things to the side as you work.
* you mentioned your design wall was above the armoire ... when using, you may prefer to not have the armoire in the way, for easy access for placing of blocks or assembled sections of a quilt ... or even a whole quilt.
* you can't go wrong with a larger design wall! Mine is 10 ft x 7ft and I've never regretted it, as I can have more than one project on at a time and have even had fully assembled quilts on, til they were quilted. I do have the full 8 ft to the floor, but kept the wall above the plugs, to save fitting around them.
* indeed, add an easy chair or small couch to get comfy in, when doing hand sewing that takes time!

Good Luck ... and have FUN with the process!