View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Quilter in MN

Thanks for all your wonderful compliments! I am very proud of this one and love the way it turned out. My mom's favorite color is green and since it's from her oldest daughter I know she will love whatever I do to it!! Here's the problem......my FMQ skills are REALLY at the beginner stage. I have only been quilting for about 2 years and most of the quilts I have completed have been straight stitch in the ditch although I have been practicing my meadering and stippling skills on a number of baby quilts that I have donated. I am getting much better at stippling BUT have not attempted a quilt as large as this one. I dont know is cross hatching will work - not sure how you deal with the blocks that are not square? For example, if you look between the sets of six 1" blocks you will see two strips that are 3" x 1" I'm not sure how to cross hatch something like that? See, as I said, still a beginner at all this and I'm also throwing in machine embroidery just to challenge myself in my old age!!!!