View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 09:04 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Mr Clenet View Post
I see you've stripped the machine for 'painting/restoration', how did you remove the Singer brass badge w/o damaging the 'mushroom' ends of the rivets. And finally, can you refer me to a trusted person who can do the painting/decal application on my '1933' AD542789, as she's the 1243'rd off the assembly line and I want her to be a Lady once more.. Thanks
Ahh,... well, one of the rivets did break. You should be able to bend it up gently a little at a time, I think I did it with a blade screwdriver (clearance issues).

I will replace both with something that "looks right", likely from an antiques restoration place. (There's a good one in Edmonton) Keeping in mind, as soon as it's repainted, it won't be original anymore, so I have a little latitude.

I have no recommendations. I do my own painting, so I haven't tried anyone. I think that there are others here who have made recommendations, I think if you search, maybe?

She'll always be a lady, just a little rough around the edges. Not unlike me in fact.