View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:25 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Default Why Do You Quilt?

This may sound like a dumb question but I am curious what motivates you to quilt.

I love to design. It is my first priority and my obsession. I love to use color and design to create what for me is a pretty to beautiful picture. I love to see things when they are done. It gives me a high to see what I have accomplished. but I struggle some through the assembling of the quilt blocks.

I started quilting in 1980 when I was a stay at home mom with 3 kids and I was climbing the walls with boredom of being home all the time. I couldn't afford anything so I used old clothes and learned from shows on tv.

I quilt because it is my outlet for my creative side. I have to quilt to express myself. If I couldn't quilt I would be doing something else as equally creative but Quilting is my first love.

I wish I could say I do it to send quilts to charity but that is not my niche in needlecraft.

I don't make quilts for my family or friends. I know that sounds awful but I am not a big quilt maker. I got into miniature quilting many years ago and I love love my minis. I love the challenge of making small to miniature quilts.

So what motivates you to quilt?? Please share your story! Would love to know what your quilting journey is all about!