View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 11:08 PM
kiffie2413

Me again...I also wanted to get feedback as to what everyone thinks about seersucker fabrics? I for one love some of the patterns of them, and I am fine with swapping them...I have used them in quilts, never had a problem. I also have some great ones that were actually bought by my grandma and my great-grandma and in addition to quilts some of them were used to make some of my lil dresses with matching ruffly panties back in the day (now I am dating myself...lol..). I have received them maybe a couple of times and I have shared a few in the swaps because I just love them! I have a very few of the "stripey" ones; this month I did include 1 that had stripes...one that was a patriotic red, white, and blue stripe. Most of mine have stars, flowers, dots, lil lady bugs, etc. I have Probably included them for 3 swaps over the last year. I never swap more than 2 of the 5, and usually only 1. I also include either an extra "regular" fq / pre-cut squares, tho I do that anyway...my version of chocolate. Also, I for one won't ever turn down someone's vintage fabrics (hint, hint...). Lastly I haven't had any negative pms about it on the few occasions I did enclose some. This could be because you gals are too nice to say "Don't send me seersucker, even if you send extra stuff!!!".
All this being said, I don't want to "swap" them if others don't like them. And my feelings won't be hurt if the consensus is "No way Kif!!" I know most swaps usually say no homespuns...but just wondered about the seersuckers...
Thanks all!
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 06-14-2013 at 11:19 PM.