Old 06-15-2013, 05:05 AM
coopah

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I think it's just plain stupid not to immunize a child against tetanus. However, I am not in favor of the standard approach to immunizing children, which is to combine three shots in one. I required separate injections for my daughter, spaced a reasonable time period apart, so that her immune system had time to adjust to each one.

Edit: I should add that adults who are going to be near infants and young children *really* need to get the pertussis vaccination. Many adults don't, and it puts the children at risk.
And what about the adults who don't immunize their children like these folks and put the ADULTS that work with children at risk? I taught for 31+ years, and volunteered in my children's classrooms for another 10 years. When I grew up eons ago, the MMR vaccine wasn't available. One of my fourth grade students came down with mumps...and then I got them. The school district did not charge me sick leave for the 20 days of work I missed (as a new teacher, I didn't have 20 days of leave built up), and I was thankful for that. There is a lot of "junk" information on the Internet and responsible parents ask and listen to professionals who deal with these things every day. Autism caused by vaccines? Maybe. But what about the increasing use of sonograms...putting all those vibrations into a tiny, but growing fetus? It's as good a thing to "blame" autism on as vaccines which do prevent illness. IMHO