View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Rosyhf

Default Pickled Dames

I had to redraft the large pickle again because three of them wouldn't fit together. I found out what I did wrong. The entire design has to be contained in the circle that you draw, Where I made my mistake is, I drafted the clam and added the 1/4 inch seam and that was a no no, the seams are added after you cut the entire design apart. Here are the three new ones that sewed together perfectly and on top to compare size, are the original smaller ones.

I did do that with the smaller version but I guess I wasn't paying attention. Anyway here are three new large Dames. Notice the one with the orange flowers? It seems to pop off and go into the collar. There is a story to go with that fabric.

One of my most dearest girlfriends, her name was Margy. She would wear this colorful dress and I just loved it. So, one day I said to her, if you ever finish wearing out that dress, please give it to me. So, I got the dress one day and proceeded to rip it apart and saved all the useable parts and stored them in my trunk and that must have been about 10 years ago more or less.

I had made a little doll out of that fabric and call her the Margy doll and now I have a Pickled Margy Dame, lol...
Attached Thumbnails dsc00057.jpg   dsc00058.jpg