Old 06-15-2013, 02:55 PM
gragra

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
gragra,

I don't think Billy is here any more. At least I haven't seen him post in a very long time.

A couple pics would help us with our on-line diagnosis.

There are maybe three or four methods to remove presser feet, and most of them use a thumb screw either from the left side or the rear. Always turn the screws counter clockwise to loosen them.
However the machines that use the top clamp feet have a big nut on the presser foot shaft right above the foot. Turn that nut counter clockwise to loosen it. If needed wrap it in a piece of leather and gently encourage it with a pair of pliers.

Also WD-40 is not a good penetrating oil or lubricant. You'd be better off with Tri-Flow oil. It really does what the others claim to do. Make sure you clean the WD-40 out of your machine and re-oil it with sewing machine oil or Tri-Flow. You'll be happy you did.
Tri-Flow can be had at Sew-Classic { http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/ } and some bicycle shops.

Joe
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Been busy tearing apart sewing room for remake. I looked at my machine and it has the big clamp at the top of pressure foot. Never thought of wrapping it with the leather to use pliers on it. Will try that.. Also did not know about the Tri-Flow oil. thanks for all the help. Will keep you posted. Gragra