View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 04:36 PM
SeWnSeW69

Smile Need Help Choosing A Machine....Please

Hey everyone! I'm new here and hope I've posted this in the correct forum. I've sewn very little in the past. I currently have a Kenmore from the early 90's. I've always said it was the best gift my husband has ever given me although I don't have a clue why. I had never even hinted about wanting a machine and didn't know the first thing about it. Anyway, I've made only a few things in all these years....just never had the interest, until now. I'm now loving the look of all the new computerized machines and have narrowed it down to 2. I actually bought the Brother SQ9050 but haven't opened it yet because I want to be absolutely sure that this one is the one I want. The other machine is the Brother Project Runway PC420. There's a $200 difference between the two. Does the PC420 offer enough extras to justify the $200 difference? I'm interested in making things like the quilted purses, maybe a throw, skirts....nothing huge. I'm still a beginner but I want something that I'm not going to outgrow as, hopefully, my sewing skills improve. Also, I can either order it from Wal-Mart or Amazon. Amazon doesn't offer the option for the extra 3 year extended warranty. Does anyone ever purchase this and do you think it's necessary? I do have a local Brother dealer. Thanks so much for any help you all are willing to give me