View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 04:23 AM
johnette

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Yes, that is a red-eye. A very well used machine. The decals are exposed and have had most of the gold rubbed, worn, or cleaned off.

The problem with your bobbin winder is lack of oil, gummed up old oil, and a hardened and cracked drive tire.

Sew-Classic has you covered.

Joe
Joe: I found the sew-classic website and looked up the bobbin winder tire. How do I know which group of parts will fit this machine? They had the 15- and 201 and 301. I read Billy's instructions on cleaning and watched the English lady's youtube video. She doesn't say what kind of metal polish to get in the tube or where one might find it. Any suggestions?
I like the idea of getting it spruced up my self, but I don't think I want to tackle the cabinet work. Thanks again for your help. Most likely it will be next weekend again before I actually get to work on her. I started reading the sticky thread on Vintage Sewing Machine Shop, but at more than 4000 entries and a lot just chatting it will take me forever to get through it. I think I have a good start at what to do now, though. Hope you all don't get tired of my questions before it's over with. LOL