Old 06-16-2013, 08:55 PM
DustysMomma

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend! I spent yesterday with my best friend, helping her make several dozen of her fancy cupcakes, a BIG banana pudding, and this amazing cake that is 2 layers of lemon cake with a whole cheesecake in the middle of it. I had to laugh when I got there. Apparently the first thing she did for the day included a ton of powdered sugar, so she puts it in the kitchenaid mixer and her daughter distracted her when she was turning it on, so instead of turning it on low, she went straight to 3 & the powdered sugar blew up all over her kitchen, lol. She'd just gotten it cleaned up and her husband pulled in from being sent to the store again right ahead of me. She was so frantic for most of the time I was there, and her daughter hadn't slept the night before and was begging for attention, so I was her cheerleader and her reminder to breathe....oh, and also her dishwasher & counter/table cleaner.

My boyfriend called me this evening from Denmark. He said he'd been playing with his 8 month old nephew all evening and was worn out. He said his goal was to teach him to crawl before he left and he was almost there. I find it funny that they apparently push the babies a bit in the beginning to hurry up and be able to hold their head up and push up and such, and they encourage parents to begin "water training" at just a few months old, but aren't so big on hurrying ambulatory skills. I'm curious to see at what age they begin potty training too. The whole business of the differences between US and Danish practices, customs, and financial things is completely fascinating to me.

I'm running a little late on my project with all that's gone on lately with my machine and family and such. I contacted my partner but haven't heard back from her. I got almost all of my runner cut out for Elisabrat's swap too. I needed to take a break to decide on a binding color for this project. I still haven't decided, but I'm thinking I'll probably match the outer band of border. Otherwise I think it'll be too loud. My side project for this swap has eluded me. It was a little something extra I wanted to make to throw in, but I just can't get into it, so I have something else in mind instead.

Tomorrow it's back to the grindstone. Blah. I hate Mondays!