View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 11:47 AM
running1

Default Button projects???

Hello all... I'm working on a quilt in which I'm hand blanket-stitching flannel snowflakes (about 6" diameter) to flannel blocks... 8" or so... They've all been fused. It is a pattern I found in a quilt magazine years ago... my sweet DIL chose it for her quilt. The pattern calls for a button to be placed in the center of each snowflake as part of the quilting.

I mentioned the project to a dear friend recently and she offered her mother's button box (the one labeled "browns and golds"... those are colors of the buttons I'd mentioned. She is not a crafter at all, but still had her mother's buttons and a few other things. She insists it will make her so happy that I'll be using these buttons on this quilt and I'm going to do just that! I found 16 really wonderful buttons that will be perfect! (I need 49... now have 28, so a few more to go!! ha ha)

Here's my question.... I want to make something for her out of at least some of the buttons left, in particular one that she picked out as her favorite.. a button she's always loved... but I'm not a designer-type creator of things.. I can follow an image or a pattern, but I just don't "see" wonderful things to make in my head! soooooo HELP? I'm thinking a small wall hanging, maybe a "welcome" or "fall"... something she could use either as a wall hanging or on a table or bookshelf? But I'm open to ANY suggestions!!! or wonderful sites where you've seen creations using buttons???

Oh... and there are many that appear to have come off of a military uniform... I'll find out about her father... he would have served in WWII if these are from his uniform(s)... I want to do something with them, too! Or something with both of them! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! And THANK YOU!!!!!!