View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 12:05 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I think maybe if you could get your hands on a picture of the person it would be very nice to use a copy and kind of make a picture with their picture and small items like lace or a uniform patch and your button. That way if you use a shadow box, some other things could be preserved in the picture as well. I think they used to call these memorabilia boxes., even though they were like a shadow box filled frame. Things like postcards from a place they had vacationed at or lived while he was in the service. Tickets, cards, old costume jewelry. You get the picture.

But a memory pillow is pretty cool and it could include things like daisy's (or whatever her favorite flower) some lace, the button and any other images that would be of her era. Likewise for the gentleman. I used to have a pattern somewhere, but, it was a little pillow say 7 by 12 and only the front had the objects on it.

The other idea was to copy a picture of her and put it into a tiny frame and glue onto it the button. Then put a ribbon on for a hanger. I have pictures like this on my Christmas tree to celebrate the people I have lost in my life. Hallmark is where I bought my mirrored ones and I love seeing them on my tree during the holiday's.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-17-2013 at 12:15 PM.