Old 06-17-2013, 07:47 PM
NanaCsews2

I feel your pain! That is why I have to wear shoes to sew. I haven't been able to wear slippers when sewing for years. My feet have arches and I need the support, both when sewing and when standing while ironing, measuring, and cutting fabrics. If I forget the shoes and get antsy on a project, the pain goes from my feet to my hips to my lower back real quick.
Is anything constricting the back of your thigh? I find when I sit too far forward on a chair and the edge of the chair even remotely touches any part of the back of my upper legs, my legs, hips, and feet can hurt for days. And this is after sitting like that for a half hour or so. Many restaurants we cannot go to because of their 'teeny tiny' chairs.
The foot pedal should be placed so that your ankles are not stretched and your foot is not flexed. Your toes shouldn't be involved in using the foot pedal.
Here is a link that may be useful: http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/sewi...iondesign.html
As an exercise, a physical therapist told me to take my foot and flex it forward, then bring it back and hold it. Then rotate my ankles clockwise and counter clockwise. This helps with any fluid retention in the lower legs too.