View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 03:18 AM
romanojg

I loved it too when it was on and love everything that Melissa Gilbert played in. My grandson now 7 started watching the old reruns when he was 5 with me and once he got over the shock that there were no cars, bikes and electricity and not everyone had horses and buggies so they had to walk he couldn't get enough of it. They had a 5hr marathon one night and he stayed up to watch the whole thing. What drew him in was the lack of everything but I think seeing how happy they all were made him see things differently. At the same time he got addicted to the Waltons too, they had more modern stuff than LHOTP did but still didn't have a lot. He also fell in love with my treadle when I bought it; the moment he processed it didn't run on electric (he's never seen it ran) he just thought it was the greatest. I've promised him I'd never sell it and it was his when he got old enough; that and my antique bedroom set that he fell in love with at age 3. He has a real appreciation for things even at his age. I had to go down to basic TV so I don't get Hallmark channel now but sure do miss it. The holidays were the worst.