View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 06:26 AM
pittsburgpam

To mark the scrolls I cut a piece of tracing paper off of a roll the size of the space on the quilt. Folded it into 5 equal sections to get the size of each one and drew the first two scrolls, right-facing and left-facing. Since it repeats I just needed the two. I ironed the tracing paper onto the wax side of a piece of freezer paper cut off a roll and sewed on all the lines with my sewing machine without thread in the needle to make holes. Used a Pounce Pad to mark it on the quilt. For the flowers I drew one on double thickness freezer paper, cut it out, and used it to outline them on the quilt.

Basically did the same for the fan shape in the black but just to determine the location of each direction change. Used a curved longarm template to sew the lines. For the clamshells I marked a 2" grid and used a circle template with lines etched on it to line up each one. Sounds like a lot of work but once it's marked, it goes pretty fast.

I changed the design for the green corner pieces because it stood out to my eye as not flowing with the rest of it.
Attached Thumbnails img_1172.jpg