View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 06:50 AM
SheriR

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
I had intended to stitch each set together and note on the label who and where they were from. Well!!! My granddaughter who is 6 1/2, loves my sewing room and fabrics. I had shown her what I was going to do and putting each set back in their envelopes and then I left to fix us some lunch. She had a ball arranging the squares how she thought they should go. She had the whole floor covered! So now they are just going wherever! LOL
Dottie, that's so funny. I did laugh. My 8 yrold GD was here a month or so ago. She was sad because their dog had been sick and her mom and dad were on the way to have him put to sleep. Her mom, anxious too, put her in front of the TV with a bag of Oreos. I saw, we had an Oreo together, and I told her I had a job I thought she could do. Poor sad girl followed me to my sewing stuff. I got her two containers and my little packages of "candy". I told her pick your favorites for this container, put mine here. I also taught her what Batik was and she pulled out Batik, Christmas, and neutrals. She began sorting. It went like this: Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Etc... It was so funny! We had a blast. Although I was slightly panicked all my Candy was disappearing..... Oh I miss her. (they have a new puppy now...a mastiff. :0 )