View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 07:37 AM
asimplelife

Thanks ladies! My room will rarely be that clean... but I AM trying to keep it manageable. Having more space helps and there is no bed to "accidentally" pile things up on!

I did finish 2 UFOs since I last posted. This is Watercolor Spring made from "More Fat Quarter Quilts" by M'Liss Rae Hawley. I had sent this along with Shabby Strings to my LAQ back in February and sadly found that they came back just before Easter that she had switched the backings between the two. And she hadn't used the thin batting I'd requested for Shabby Strings either.

It was really disappointing and I ended up putting them back in the box for weeks before I pulled them out and decided to finish them late in May as is. I was able to negotiate a refund from my LAQ for the quilting (I paid her for batting, thread and postage) but she didn't handle it very well and I'm going to be trying out other long arm quilters going forward.

But, it's a finish at any rate and I'll probably hang it on the wall next spring. And I'm using Shabby Strings on my guestroom trundle bed as a comforter instead of the cuddle quilt I'd planned. It does look nice there so I guess I'm getting over it!
Attached Thumbnails p1040130.jpg