Old 06-18-2013, 02:52 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Wheeee!!!! the MBs are starting to arrive!

MiraB and JanieW ... such a beautiful block and a great quartet!

Iowa Ladies ... my goodness, 82 stores!!! I'll sit here and be totally envious. The 9 shop Hop next month will seem minimal compared to what you have. How has the action been at your LQS, CarrieM? Have you been getting extra hours as a result?

OKSGlad ... what are you going to do with the fabric? Your hexies will turn into a lasting memory of your trip!

MiraB ... oh oh as to the Dr's diagnosis. Take care of it though, as bursitis can be nasty, and sneak up on you fast. Yes, chain piecing would be a tad on the repetitive motion concept. I like Anael's concept of non-repetitive!

I'm lucky ... when my chiro reminds me something is quilting caused, she fully understands .... her sister is a quilter! So she works with me on it, recognizing it might be better to let me quilt, than to see me go off the deep end and need a shrink!

Anael ... With your enabling and encouragement, I predict that MiraB's shopping might result in yet another sewing machine! Definitely good medicine!!! Another pretty picture .... I saw the 3-leaves and reminded me of some I have here in the grass. I always call it yellow clover, and did some surfing to see it's proper name is oxalis which I see OKSGlad called it too! It can be quite invasive, though it can be pretty too ... so consider that a weed is only something growing where you don't want it to be, and if you like it, and want it ........... ENJOY IT!! Mine is in the lawn, so I just enjoy its prettyness when it flowers, and otherwise, it's just kept in the grass. When some jumps in the flower bed, it pulls out easy enough, that it doesn't bother me!

Golden Syrup ... I know there was a recipe here on the QB with it. Many were talking about what it was and how they made it. Here in Canada, if I see Golden Syrup in a recipe, to me, it's what we call Corn Syrup ... a commercially made syrup, sweet and sticky, but definitely NOT maple syrup! Nor is it interchangeable in a recipe.

JanRN ... hope you did your all day sewing today ... and no side trips to xxxxxx!!!! AT LAST ... we get to see Christmas Rosie and for sure, nothing of which to be ashamed. You've done a wonderful job and I'm SO proud of you!!! I forget ... Rosie blocks were which size? Great fabric choices all round!

QNSue... my goodness ... you are doing 120 guitar blocks? I know they are for your BIL, but what does he need 120 for? A club?

Chatty much? ... just took a look at that embroidery thread. My goodness, they are only at post #1856 ... and they have been going for 3-1/2 yrs. hhmmmmm? what does that say about us?

JeanieG
... that sounds like good news and that progress up to you to sort out with the contractor. You're lucky that they are paying out early ... I hope for your good, that the costs do not rise as the job proceeds.

Last edited by QuiltE; 06-18-2013 at 03:01 PM.