Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 AM
thequilteddove

I am loosing weight. Since April 1st, I've lost 22#s, averaging 2#s a week. Some weeks I lost weight & others I didn't. I am exercising on the elliptical, 1 hr 6x a week. I've reduced my calorie intake to about 1500 calories a day. Most days I go over the allotted calories, but it's ok! Allow yourself your error and move on - don't let it be an excuse to stop trying. The more veggies you put in, the more food you get to eat. I allow myself a small treat most every day but I don't let that treat go over 250 calories. Give yourself credit, every day, for any success you may have no matter if you ended up past your calorie goal. If you ate a 300 calorie salad instead of that 230 calorie candy bar, that's a cause to celebrate! BE KIND TO YOURSELF! Don't give up on yourself! Join me (Roseanne Terrill) on facebook where I've been logging in every day since April. You will see how most days my calories are in the red (meaning I've gone over my allotment for the day) BUT I'm still loosing weight! I'm not following any program, I'm eating real foods I would eat every day (including pizza, Chinese, spaghetti, etc.) It's all about PORTION CONTROL. It's not easy, but you can do it too!