View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 08:20 AM
SteveH
Banned

Default Wheeler Wilson #10 - "Semi-Industrial"

Greetings folks,

You may have seen this machine before. It used to belong to Miskaki (Cathy).

Its day of lounging casually in her garage slacking off are just about over.

Now, with Heather and my DD's help, she is in my living room and is a belt, thread, and needle away from getting back to work.

I have all three, but yesterday when she was delivered, was a 12 hour work day including a 6 hour tech support call with Microsoft, so I just didn't have more than a couple hours left to put into her.

But i found that:
A Wheeler Wilson #8 tensioner works in a #10
A Wheeler Wilson #8 set of slides works in a #10
0000 Steel wool does wonders to presser feet, needlebar, bobbins, bobbin covers, and hook mechanisms.
No matter how much rust is on the shafts of the Irons, a little Tri-Flow goes a long way...

The wood is rough but at this point I now have enough machines that need to be re-topped that i'll end up making it a weekend of wood....

Now if this is a SEMI-INDUSTRIAL....

As delivered... too cool.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419944[/ATTACH]

How about a SCALE reference. (Cathy REALLY wants this New Ideal...hehehe)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419945[/ATTACH]

Here she is after installing the tensioner and cleaning the working areas.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419946[/ATTACH]

One more thing... Two weeks ago I bought an "on leg" bobbin winder for my WW8 that turns out did not have a mounting point on the leg for it... However it is EXACTLY the same as the frozen solid, thrashed rubber one that was on this machine. Now it has a working winder...
Attached Thumbnails 2013-06-18-20.43.10.jpg   2013-06-18-20.44.20.jpg   2013-06-18-22.01.42.jpg