Thread: Hen and Chicks
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:45 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by tigger5464
wow.....really cute Idea...I would love to know how you did those I would love to do a cute lil wall hanging for my son and his gf...she loves things like this
Thank you so much, tigger! Am always happy to share my patterns with anyone who wants it or teach anyone my technique although may have to do a tutorial on this as it's a litttle difficult explaining. Pics say a thousand words.

Here's my technique (just let me know if you can't get it). All flower petals start off with a 2 inch square of assorted lts and dks. Fold once to the diagonal corner. Keep repeating this step til you get to the size you want. Tack at one corner for each petal. To make the lg. flowers, do a process of tacking and stringing at the same time until you get the size string you want. Tack again in the original place of tacking. My first layer was 7, second was 6, and top was 8. Layer each tier to fall in open spaces from the tier underneath (just like the real flower) so the individual petals are exposed. Tack the three layers together. Clip any exposed strings showing. Place your centerpiece in the middle of ea flower. (I simply covered buttons and left them in for ease and structure). A simple way I did was just held a covered button with one hand while wrapping thread around it with the other hand and tying off. Worked great. Baby buds look self explanatory.

Let me know if you have any questions. :wink: