View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 09:09 AM
grant15clone

I just wanted to share something here on the same machine I have been working on. This is the underside of the National Rotary. Everything is Rust, Rust, Rust under there. But Rust can be cleaned off and the machine restored. This is from my FB page. All is not lost. And this is just a comparison from how it was found to the "In Progress" stage. I hope this gives the incentive to anyone that might be looking at a boat anchor like this was to just give it a chance. More of them are able to come back from the grave than you might think. This one was going to be meted down and be a car fender (or something) if I didn't grab it. And all of that history would be gone forever.
~G~
"I didn't want to have to go this far but it had to be done. This morning I completely gutted the underside of the machine. Thankfully, everything came out without much of a problem. It still has to be cleaned and polished before going back in. And while it is all out of there I am going to clean the bottom too. I already started when I took this pic. I have polished up the rusty bar to the far right and wiped off the first layer of filth underneath the bed. I removed the pink insulation "mouse mattresses" and "presents" too. Still a long way to go." But it is getting there.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419957[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails nr-before-during-bottom.jpg