Old 06-19-2013, 03:56 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by DonnaMiller View Post
301s are going to be the next hot thing like the FWs. They have already gone up in price. I haul mine to quilting classes rather than wear on the FW. I like sewing on it better anyway. Don't have to worry about it. Mine was nasty too when it arrived. I have become quite attached to it. They are still quite affordable, but going up every day.
I think that big thing is more than taking its time to reach here. I can't sell them for anything, and these are spotless and tuned up.

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
Yeah, you're right about the 301s. I bought two last year, and am just now getting around to using one of them, and I love it. Such a pretty, even stitch; and I didn't have to do anything to the machine to get it running. I am like you, I think I'll start carrying it instead of a FW; the ladies treat you like a show-off when you bring in your little FW that you're so proud of. I'm going to give them a chance to see how many recognize a 301. Can you tell I have a mean streak.....
Ha! I joined a quilt guild about 2 months ago. I don't know that more than 1 or 2 of them recognised my 222 as being a featherweight, when I took it in at the last meeting... never mind a "Rare" Open arm one. They all talk about their Pfaffs and Long arms. It's not a mean streak, it's important education.