View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Blackberry

Default Look At This Beauty

I just got what appears to be a nearly new crinkle finish Singer 128 sewing machine for $50. I found it on CL this morning. I just didn't need another sewing machine but I didn't have a crinkle finish so I bought it. It is so pretty and so cute. I think it is a 3/4 machine and it has a shuttle bobbin. The serial number dates the machine as a 1952. I didn't realize they still made shuttle bobbins that late but I guess so unless I have read the serial number wrong. Anyway, she is beautiful and I do believe she was used very little. She has a black face plate, a black back plate and the bobbin covers are kind of blackish also. The tension mechanism also is kind of unique to me. I am going to have my LSMG take a look at her. She runs pretty good but needs some tension adjustments. The case is also in near perfect condition and still has the key. I am just so, so happy.
Attached Thumbnails crinkle-finish-singer-128.jpg   crinkle-singer-128-black-faceplate-resized.jpg   crinkle-singer-128-bobbin-drawer-resized.jpg   crinkle-singer-128-case-key-resized.jpg   crinkle-singer-128-shuttle-bobbin-resized.jpg