Old 06-20-2013, 04:23 AM
DustysMomma

I suffer with this too, and they also tell me that mine isn't bad enough to do anything about it but this greasy ointment that you can't keep on & gets all over your sheets. The miracle pills that you see on TV, you have to have it covering a high percentage of your body, and be moderate to severe in most of that area, before most doctors will consider it. They're very stingy with them, because once you're on those meds, you have to have liver function tests on a regular basis. Mine is triggered by stress, and I have been fighting it since my parents divorced when I was 10. I'll get to the point when it's bad enough on my hands to go to my general practitioner, and he'll tell me it's still not nearly bad enough to do anything about it, then I'll end up in tears because he just doesn't understand what living with this condition is like and how embarrassing it is to have it in a place so obvious, and he'll end up giving in & giving me a steroid shot. I haven't even found a dermatologist who did enough to make it go away completely. The only time I've ever been without it, I had severe anxiety attacks instead, while I was going though my divorce and had some serious issues going on at work at the same time. They'll at least give you zanax for the anxiety attacks....