View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:56 AM
ArizonaKAT

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
Jane, I agree with you for the most part about the rest of the world were more like quilters, but I'm still stinging from a moment with the Chief of Quilt Police last night. She told I wasn't a true quilter or artist because my quilts did not contain a coordinating mixture of large print, medium print and various colors and hues combine into an organized design. I asked about the quality and value of Gee's Bend Quilters. Her nose went in the air and she turned and started talking to another person treating me as if I was not there ..... for the rest of the evening. She made sure I was also snubbed by others. Me being me did not walk away and acted as if I enjoyed the gathering. But today it stings and I will give none of those involved the time of day (or support for any of their activities) for a long, long time.
I would have been right there with you, Girl. Most of my "planned" quilts are two different fabrics. My daughter always tells me she can't figure out how such "ugly" material turns into a beautiful quilt. I was a little worried when I joined the Boom 9 about what people would say about my blocks, but I got nothing but good advice and thanks. Dump the guild and stick with us.