Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 AM
dabbler312

I've had several ointments, triamcinolone, clobetasol, enbrel and one other steriod ointment for my eyelids to be used only when absolutely necessary as constant long term use is not recommended for eye area. One doctor thought it might be allergy based - he advised me to not take hot showers as is dries out your skin - I can't even tell you the last time I had a hot shower - they're always cool to room temp - needless to say I don't waste a lot of water showering. I'm looking at the gluten free diet to see if that changes any of my symptoms - giving it a good 30-day trial. I'm thinking the hops in my beer is another trigger - sad to see it go but if it will help hallelujah. If there is improvement I'll have the wheat sensitivity test done just to confirm.

Each day is new and I try to live my life that way - I don't concern myself with things I can't control anymore - I can only change me and my behavior. Stress could be what triggers my eczema as well - it started up a few years ago and unconsciously this is how my body reacts - without going into a lot of details my dad kicked me out of the family because I and my adult children decided we would be staying home for Christmas Eve and not going to their house; my mother does what my father tells her to do so you could say I became an orphan on Perl Harbor Day Dec 2011. I have estranged siblings because of all this - my baby sister was my best friend and it breaks my heart because that relationship is gone as well. My dad had just been diagnosed with prostate cancer and it had gone on long enough that it moved into his bones - all that drama over not coming to dinner. My dad has always ruled his house and family with an iron fist and I always marched to my own tune - this wasn't the first time he's done this to me but will be his last - I forgive him but I won't forget - this last time damn near destroyed me emotionally and mentally; I value and cherrish my life and friendships more than his approval. So yes - I guess stress could be my unconscious trigger as well. Guess you could just say I'm a flake - no pun intended.