View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:26 AM
DogHouseMom

I've been watching E-bay mostly ... all vintange machines, and around Nov-March the prices overall were sometimes mind-numbing astronomical. Overall since about mid-March the prices are dropping. I've seen some FW's in "fair" condition sell for $170 or so (with shipping), and FW's in good to great condition sell in the $250-$300 range. Machines with centennial badges, white and tan machines a bit more.

Of note: the E-bay ad's that get the highest amount of attention/bids/price are the ones that are well presented. Good quality photo's of machines, good descriptions written by someone that knows what they're talking about. The best prices can be found on E-bay ad's where the seller doesn't do so such a good job of advertising.

The folks on Craigs list have not yet reflected what appears to be the more recent price trends. They are asking the high end prices for low-end machines and even lower end advertising (poor pictures, poor descriptions). So many ad's I see on CL say something like "I think it works, the needle goes up and down, but I don't sew so can't say for sure".

So you might want to check E-bay and get lucky with a low bid.