View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 PM
VickiM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
VickiM - love your purses.

Did you still keep the metal snap tape in them or just have them as an open tote?
Is that a two-layer set of pockets inside or was it more of your scraps? I'd never thought of a double layer pocket but I think it would be a good idea!
Yes, the metal tape is in them...the red/white one didn't close as well as I thought it should so I also added a strip of velcro in keep it closed...the other 2 were ok. That one was more of an upholstry weight fabric, so I think that made a difference. The pockets are just scraps too...it's not double layer pocket. I do make a zipper area & a pocket right behind it & also pockets below a zip area. Here are 3 purses I just finished today...2 are for my daughter in N.C. (a summer & a winter) & the flamingo purse will be for my booth...they are scrappy too. My daughter picked out her scraps while she was here a couple weeks ago. Anyway, her purse inside shows the pocket behind the zip area along with a pocket & pen holder on the other side. These were made from a free pattern I got online called COCOA (http://www.chriswdesigns.com) but as you can see, I made it MY way. I can't leave a recipe alone either... Anyway here are the purses & also the first one I made from that pattern that I thought my daughter would like but she wanted different so I will put the seashell one in my booth for the show in a couple weeks. I thought her tutorial was excellent!
Attached Thumbnails shawnas-new-summer-bag-modified-cocoa-bag.jpg   shawnas-new-summer-bag-inside-2-pockets-zipper-area.jpg   shawnas-winter-purse.jpg   shawnas-winter-purse-inside-2-pockets-zipper-area.jpg   shawnas-purses-summer-winter.jpg  

flamingo-purse.jpg   flamingo-purse-inside-1-pocket-zip-area.jpg   shell-purse-front.jpg   shell-purse-inside-back-zip-pocket.jpg   shell-purse-inside-front-pocket.jpg