Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 PM
cmw0829

Default Found a Mary Proctor Ironing Board but need help please

Hi, I came across one at Savation Army today and picked it up for 3.99. Made in 1972. However, it won't stay up. I found the metal rod that slides up and down to keep it at the right height. I straightened out the rod and put it back on, feeding it through the round holes in the top and bottom of the brace but it's missing something to keep it in place. Attached is a picture that I found of a working ironing board that shows how it should look.

This is where I could use help, please. I think it's missing a piece that creates a lock on the rod and which is released when the lever is pressed. Or maybe the rod is feeding through the brace at the wrong place. It appears blue in this picture.

If anybody has this ironing board, would you be able to describe this piece and how it attaches to the mechanism? Or if there is nothing on the rod, perhaps I've fed it through the brace incorrectly. Perhaps I can find something at the hardware store or fashion it myself. It's a really heavy board - sadly missing the cord holder, if it was ever part of this model.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails edited%24-kgrhqjhjbyfbudnooecbrtj-eiwdw%7E%7E60_3.jpg  

Last edited by cmw0829; 06-20-2013 at 05:55 PM.