View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 PM
moonrise

Question This Gorgeous Fabric Has Me Stumped!

I saw this holiday fabric two years ago, fell in love with it, and bought 3 yards of each. They all have metallic gold accents that don't show up well in the photo, but they're so luxurious in person.

The problem is that, even after two years, I *still* can't decide what to do with it! The reason I'm having trouble is because of the large scale of the medallion print (the one on top, in my photo - see the ruler for a reference). It would be a shame to cut it up into small pieces and lose the medallion pattern.

All this time, I've been taking it out of my cabinet occasionally, looking at it and petting it , but I always end up putting it back in my stash for fear of "messing it up" by using the "wrong" pattern.

I thought about cutting a large panel of the medallion fabric and using the accent fabrics to make blocks to frame the panel. That's about the only thing I can come up with.

Here's the photo. The blue fabric on the bottom left isn't quite that bright in person. It blends nicely with the others (it's part of the same line - Holiday Flourish by Robert Kaufman).

What would you do?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420264[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails christmasfabric-both.jpg