View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 04:56 AM
Keiss21

Default Hello, a new member from the UK!

Hello, I am Morag, living near Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire in the UK. I have always loved sewing, but only started getting into patchwork and quilting a couple of years ago...and I am totally hooked!

I now have a lovely Bernina 230PE sewing machine (second hand, but perfect) and love it.

I have browsed this board a couple of occasions, but though it was about time I joined in. I love the fact that this is world-wide, so you can be having conversations with people anywhere. It is a great source of information, and I look forward to tapping it in the coming months/years...oh yes, I am here for the long haul!!

I have only made one quilt so far, a play mat for a new-born, and have a samp,er quilt on the go. I have made the blocks, attaching the sashing next. Unfortunately I have hurt my wrist and have not sewn properly for nearly 2 months now...getting quite frustrated now! I am however catching up with all my Craftsy classes, as well as wandering the internet for more ideas, not that I really need any more at the moment!!

I am married with two big lads, 20 and 23, both at university. My craft room moves about the house, depending who is home at any one time. This summer I am back in the conservatory as both boys will be home for most of the summer. Much as I love having them about...I can't wait to get back upstairs again!!

Well, my lunch break is nearly over, so I had better get back to work...in a sewing machine shop! It is great fun, and I love helping folks choose a new machine.

I will pop back over the weekend and have a proper visit and see what people are up to. I think I am goign to enjoy visiting this board!!