View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 02:07 PM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
The parts underneath seem to have loosened up a bit, but still no real movement. Also the little pieces that should slide on the top of the base by the needle hole are not yet moving at all. But that is not vital to operate the machine so I'm not worrying about that at this point.

It seems like the parts that need to be addressed now are in the upper portion of the machine - ie the area in the column and hood by the hand crank and in the needle bar column. The three little "points" that screw in and out at the top of the needle bar column were loosened last night. Not sure what they do, but I'm sure one of them adjusts the pressure on the presser foot. What the other two are for???

I have not attempted any actual taking apart of things, just seeing what will and won't move at this point.

What is the recommended next step?
One thing I would strongly recommend is take a lot of pictures before taking anything apart and during the process. It helps when you are putting things back together. I also put parts into plastic containers (clear butter dish type) during disassembly. If I am doing a whole machine it helps a LOT to put component parts in separate containers too. I put upper tension parts in one, bobbin hook parts in another and so on. When you are putting it back together it helps to know if you have parts left over where they go, or at least a general area that they go. It narrows the search area and can eliminate much of your frustration too. It has helped me countless times over the years.
Best of luck.
~G~