Old 06-21-2013, 04:42 PM
humbird

I'm not sure if I have any tips to make EPP easier or faster. I print my hexies out and cut them by hand. Sounds time concuming, but it does go pretty fast. When I baste to the papers, I take one fairly large stitch thru the fabric and paper on each "side" and just catch the "corners" but not thru the paper. When I take the papers out, I just clip that one stitch from the front, turn it over and pop the paper out. I don't remove the basting stitch. When you take the paper out, it pulls the thread ends to the back. If I don't do this, I end up having papers fall out, and I also think it stablizes the fabric. Not fun trying to put papers back in if they fall out!! I just sew the hexies together when ever. I'll spend maybe an evening doing the EPP, then perhaps stitch them together the next evening. I don't have a set method. Just what ever strikes my fancy. I am working on filling in the corners of a quilt top now. Two down, and two to go. Not sure how I'll finish it up. I tend to make it up as I go. This is my third hexie quilt, so I have done a hundreds of hexagons. Number 4 is in my head. I have been following a blog where the lady does some really lovely paper pieced hexagons. Her quilts a very nice. I want to do something like that. Oh my. Didn't mean to ramble on so. Have fun doing your hexies.