Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Susan7639 View Post
Do you have a way you find easier or faster than other ways. Seems even epp has variations.
EVerything has variations ... and you will find what works for you.

For me ... I wouldn't want to do all the sewing at once ... kind of like the easy work of making the hexies as a break in between. So I try to sew them together, as I go, rather than one onerous task later. Though sometimes ... if I am not in the mood, then yes, I make hexies up in advance, then sit and sew later.

For cutting ... I have plexi templates for the papers and fabric. Stack the fabric and cut several with the rotary cutter. For the papers, I have been using old greeting cards, and cut around with the rotary cutter too. Pretty quick and slick work for both. Matched sets of papers and fabric are put into ziplock baggies, with a label as to #s and/or placement in the project ... or whatever details are pertinent.

For a sewing kit ... I have an old CD holder that I have everything I need in ... papers, fabric, needles. A length of gros grain ribbon is tied onto the zipper pull, with the spool of thread on the ribbon, and trimming scissors tied at the end, so the thread does not come off. All zips into the case, with the thread on the outside. Makes for a handy take-a-long kit!

As before ... what works for me ... may not work for you!