View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Quilting Aggi

I thought I would start a thread after reading a few messages from the Pizza Boxes thread about places you got inspiration for quilt ideas.

How about sharing with all of us places or things you saw out and about that inspired you to do something quilty!!!

I think one of my inspirations came to me a few yeas ago while waiting on a bus stop in the middle of winter in downtown St. John's. St. John's is a fairly old city, infact there are historic signs about the city that say St. John's is siad to be the oldest city in North America. We are over 500 years old. :)

Anyway, while freezing me arse off on the bus stop I was looking around at some of the old buildings. One of the old banks across from the bus stop had a very interesting swirl in it that was designed into the concrete building. I thought it would make an interesting border for a Round Robin I was involved in at the time. the next day I took my camera with me and that evening began designing out the border. I was really happy with the results!!!

Lately, inspiration has been coming to me from my photography. I think I mentioned to some of you that I'm taking a course on Quilt University. I am taking one of my flower photos I took last year and making a wallhanging out of it. Well here are a couple photos of my work so far.... The fabric hasn't been cut yet.. that will be this weekend's homework :) But I will show you the original photo, my paper draft and some of the fabrics I am using.

My original photo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353[/ATTACH]

My draft colured in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356[/ATTACH]

My colour choices so far :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]364[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-353.jpe   attachment-356.jpe   attachment-364.jpe